Page Nav

HIDE

Ministry or Job

As I browse my old-aged-journals and notes, I came across with this poem or article written by Anne Sandler. I remember that it used to be o...

As I browse my old-aged-journals and notes, I came across with this poem or article written by Anne Sandler. I remember that it used to be one of my inspirations in church leadership and been part of my principles as I do my youth ministerial tasks in my parish and in my diocese. I am posting it here for the sake of those "youth serving youth" and those who are still active in the ministry:

MINISTRY OR JOB

Some people have a job in the church
Others invite themselves in a ministry

What’s the difference?

If you’re doing it because no one else will it’s a job

If you are doing it to serve the Lord it’s a ministry

If you quit because somebody criticized you, it’s a job
If you keep on serving it’s a ministry

If you do it as long as it does not interfere with your other activities its a job

If you are committed to staying with it even if it means letting go of other things, it’s a ministry

If you quit because no one praised you it’s a job

If you stay even if nobody recognized your efforts, it’s a ministry

Its hard to get excited about a job

Its almost impossible not to be excited in a ministry

If your concern is success, it’s a job

If your concern is faithfulness it’s a ministry

An average church is filled with people doing jobs

A great and growing church is filled with people involved in ministry

Where do you fit in?


If God calls you to a ministry, don’t treat it like a job
If you have a job, give it up and find a ministry
God doesn’t make us feel stuck with a job
But excited and faithful to the Lord in a ministry

No comments