Page Nav

HIDE

Anyway

This morning, during breakfast, when our superior started to distribute the mails that arrived from the post office, I jestly asked him &quo...

This morning, during breakfast, when our superior started to distribute the mails that arrived from the post office, I jestly asked him "where's mine?" I haven't been receiving any postal mail for the past three years since the time I arrived here in Spain except that of my brother postulant last year. So he gave me a letter addressed to the community coming from the Human Kindness Foundation in Durham, NC. And I guess I have to share it with you co'z I believe it's worth sharing:

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.  
FORGIVE THEM ANYWAY.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.  
BE KIND ANYWAY.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.  
SUCEED ANYWAY.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.  
BE HONEST AND SINCERE ANYWAY.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.  
CREATE ANYWAY.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.  
BE HAPPY ANYWAY.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten.  
DO GOOD ANYWAY.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. 
GIVE YOUR BEST ANYWAY.
IN THE FINAL ANALYSIS, IT IS BETWEEN YOU AND GOD.
IT WAS NEVER BETWEEN YOU AND THEM ANYWAY.

It says at the back of the card that the poem is entitled Anyway and Mother Teresa had a version of it posted on her wall in Calcuta. Jesus was certainly treated as described in the poem, and yet, He loved us all anyway. Hard as it is - especially in prisons, but really everywhere - we need to do the same.

I hope this could also serve as an inspiration for you today. It served as mine.
God Bless and have a nice day!

I'll leave you with this video from Martina McBride entitled ANYWAY

No comments